The use of digital technology in organizations has been increasing for decades. Initially, the focus was mainly on the automation of human hands by computers. Later on, the word computerization became increasingly important: the use of data to make business processes better/faster/more effective. In the current era we talk about digital transformation. This is in danger of becoming an ill-defined buzzword. We see it as follows:
"In a digital world, people must be central"
We speak of a digital transformation when an organization consciously embarks on a strategic initiative to sustainably change the way it creates value through the use of digital technology.
We look at digital transformation issues from five lenses. These are:
- Strategy: what do we want to achieve in the market? What is the impact on the business model?
- Realization: how do we shape the landscape of people, processes, data and systems? How do we shape the transformation?
- Sustainability: how do we ensure sustainable results? How do we ensure that decisions are taken responsibly?
- Organization: how do we ensure that the organization is properly focused? How do we involve employees at all levels? How do we ensure effective collaboration?
- Individual: how do we ensure that professionals and managers develop, feel at home in the new organization and actively contribute to the realization of the strategy?
All organizations are different. Everyone has their own issue in their own context. This requires a tailor-made approach in which we respond to this specific situation. We coordinate our approach to customer issues and use various services based on our areas of expertise. We can draw on passionate professionals from different backgrounds – from our own organization, our cooperative, and our network. The framework with which we compose our approach is shown below.
A good intake is essential for our processes. With this we make the connection with clients and their issue. The “loop” indicates that we typically work in iterations. Think: a first image after 4 days, a good vision and plan after 4 weeks, and the first results after 4 months. Of course, the timelines depend on the issue.
We shape our assignments based on this philosophy. For more insight into our expertise, approach and its effect, take a look at our mission and vision, blog and customer stories.